We’ve had several requests for the salad recipe that was served at this year’s Mayfest gathering. Happy to oblige!
Asian Cabbage Salad
- 1 head of Chinese cabbage sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 package ramen (any flavor)
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Melt butter in a frying pan
- Add broken up ramen (throw away the MSG flavor packet), almonds & sesame seeds, and saute over medium heat until toasty brown. Stir frequently.
- Set aside and cool.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
Mix until sugar is dissolved. Combine with cabbage, browned nuts & ramen just before serving. Serve and enjoy!