We are happy to report that we have doubled our membership for 2021! The hall now has 223 members, and we are so grateful to everyone who has joined in support of the Clinton Community Hall.
While we are disappointed that the hall continues to be closed to indoor gatherings and rentals, the board is continuing to focus on behind-the-scenes work to ensure that the hall is ready to open for more of the community gatherings that we all miss. In the meantime, we have plans for a variety of safe activities this coming year and are anxious to share them with you.
What’s been happening at the hall lately…
- Clinton Holiday Lights – Did you notice our new holiday light display this past December? A big shout-out to Jerry Beck for hanging the lights up in the big tree! Going forward, the hall is teaming with the Clinton Community Council and Chamber of Commerce to light up Clinton even more in the coming years and provide a welcome sight for those journeying through our town.
- Check out our Facebook page – You will find photos and news items to keep track of all that is happening at the hall. Link
- Our ever-changing reader board – We’re working to make the hall’s sign fun and informative for community members and visitors to the island.
- Greater grounds – We did more than just paint in 2020! The next time you are at the hall you might notice that we have added parking curbs and landscaped the walkway to provide clear access to the main doors. We have replaced the rickety crawlspace covers along the walkway with substantially stronger covers too. The pathway from the parking lot to Humphrey Road has been completely renewed for your safety and use.
- Staying safe – Grant funding allowed us to obtain additional cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer stations to keep us all safe as we slowly move to our new normal.